theArtists. Online Creative Film Award Performance
WINNER of theArtists. Online Creative Film Award Performance 2021 announced!
We are overwhelmed by the huge response from our online audience. Inspired to have had viewers and voters from all over the world, which is incredible and exactly what theArtists. is aiming to achieve, including:
USA, Norway, Sweden, Bermuda, Papua New Guinea, Netherlands, Italy, France, Poland and UK (including Scotland, Leeds, London).
Your film TAPOUT was voted by the public audience with the most votes! Winning the award of £500.00
Rikkai trained at the London Contemporary Dance School and has worked with companies such as: Avant Garde Dance Company (UK), Boy Blue Entertainment (UK), Jean Abreu Dance (UK), Carifesta Festival (Barbados). Rikkai's film was part of company BDblaq Dance, congratulations to all your collaborative artists. Find out more about Rikkai on our website under Choreographers + Movement Directors & Experienced + Mature Dancers pages.
Thank you to all the brilliant films submitted and presented in the shortlisted selection, beautiful work from so many talented artists!
Laurel Design: Emma Holbrook
theArtists. Online Creative Film Award Performance 2021
We are excited to announce for 2021 theArtists. Online Creative Film Award Performance, open to all our members to submit their short dance films for an online performance on Friday 30th April 2021.
- Any film related to dance - this is not just open to dancers, choreographers & filmmakers, this is open to all working with dance incorporated into a short film
- Must have been created and filmed between January 2020 - 31st March 2021
- Deadline to apply 31st March 2021
- Maximum length of film 20 mins
- Will need to apply with either a YouTube or Vimeo link for submissions, if successful for the shortlist will need to provide the file in the highest res quality available
- You can enter more than one film but only one film will be selected for the performance if successful, from each artist submitting
- Must be a member of theArtists. Please visit our Membership page to join!
- Please make sure you have any rights to music in your film or have obtained music rights
What happens next...
- Submit your film via the online form for the opportunity to be shortlisted presenting your work at the Online Creative Film Award Performance. There will be a panel of 4 artists selecting the shortlisted films from theArtists. Associate Partners
- If successful in Stage One, your film will be screened for our Online Creative Film Award Performance
- After the performance your film will be put to public voting for their favourites films. Winner receiving the most votes will receive a £500.00 commission award
Deadline 31st March 2021
Watch online on Friday 30th April 2021 the selected films for our Online Creative Film Award Performance. Buy your tickets here! £5.00